Tuesday, April 05, 2011

Keep going Saints! - another vital win tonight!

Sara and I spent this morning at home dealing with more paperwork. Both Sara and I gave our apologies to Sophie for being unable to attend her Lent Group this morning. The morning seemed to go very quickly but I managed to get some bills paid and letters written before lunchtime. I had a light lunch of French onion soup before driving into Salisbury for a meeting with a new client at the white Hart Hotel. Over a pot of tea I spent two hours with the client going through a proposed new contract for his staff. After dashing back home, I just had time for a quickly snatched cup of tea (I seem to drink gallons of it these days) before Tom and I set off for Southampton to watch a another vital game for the Saints in their bid for automatic promotion from League 1 and back into the Championship League. We had supper at our usual chippies and were rewarded this evening with a 2-0 win over Charlton Athletic. Peterborough also won tonight (beating Bournemouth 1-0) but we are now only 2 points behind Huddersfield who currently hold the automatic promotion spot with two games in hand. Our next two away games are going to be absolutely vital. It was lovely to return home this evening with a very warm feeling about our club being promoted at last. Nigel Adkins seems very contented at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment