Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter Sunday - He is Risen! - Alleluia!

Easter Day at last and we all went to All Saints, Winterslow to celebrate the occasion. The church was fully packed as is usual with many unfamiliar faces in the pews. I was due to read the Intercessions in church this morning but my voice was exceedingly croaky and so I handed them over to Sara to do - she made an excellent job of them speaking with a clear voice. After the service and the coffee and biscuits I visited Gill in Farley who is one of the Licensed Lay Ministers to talk about my prospective training. Over coffee she explained the process and the work involved and kindly gave me some books which she thought would help. She felt confident that I would get through the selection process but I still remain apprehensive. This afternoon I cooked the family a late roast pork lunch whilst Sara completed the Parish Magazine - still using her old laptop. I really felt quite unwell after lunch and dozed on the sofa whilst watching a Carry-On movie (Carry On Cruising). This evening, after making a quick phone call to Mum to wish her a Happy Easter, I watched the first part of an extremely interesting documentary on the inner workings of the Vatican but then recorded the second half and went to bed with a whisky feeling quite weak. Hopefully a good night's sleep will help as I want to feel better tomorrow so that I can go to the Saints' game against Hartlepool.

No comments:

Post a Comment