Friday, April 22, 2011

Good Friday

Woke up this morning with a terrible sore throat. Sara and Mary went down to the Methodist Hall to take part on the Children's Workshop where they made banners to carry along with the Cross to the Village Hall. Tom and I joined them after having a documentary on TV about the life and work of Christ. Wearing my high visibility "steward's-style" jacket I led the procession along Middleton Road to the Village Hall where we held a worship service with hot cross buns and coffee/tea. Sara took Mary and Sophie's children out shopping with her after we all had a light lunch of pasta. Sophie joined me in going to the Good Friday service at All Saints which was taken by Elizabeth. She came back home with me afterwards for tea and a chat whilst waiting for the return of Sara and the children. Sophie took Mary back with her West Dean for a sleep-over. Tonight Richard and I went for a few pints in the Lion's Head and I had my firs beer since the beginning of Lent. Not very good with the weight-watching today so must try harder after the holiday break.

No comments:

Post a Comment