Sunday, April 03, 2011

Mothering Sunday

Up early this morning and brought in tea in Sara's mother's cup as well as cards from me and the children. I then walked to church where I and the family were acting as sidespersons at the All Age Mothering Sunday service. There were no service sheets or hymn books to hand out today as an All Age/Mothering Sunday service hadn't been designed (it is usually a Parish Eucharist) so the congregation had to rely entirely on the screen - nothing unusual for those of us who also attend Spring Harvest and CityChurch. A very good service with flowers being handed out to all those present as a symbol of God's love for us all. I walked back home after coffee and this afternoon Sara, Mary and I went for a bike ride into Bentley Wood. Sara is still struggling with her cycling and the hill in the wood. I am delighted to find that with my weight loss I am finding it much easier. We cycled as far as the "T" junction where the wood piles are normally situated - they have been moved and back. Sara wheeled her bike back from the top of Witt road and Mary and I cycled back - meeting Karen and the children on the way. Mum phoned to say that she had received the cards and flowers which we had sent and seemed very pleased with them. After a shower, we drove into Salisbury for an "mid-afternoon lunch" at ASK and Sara and I had a really lovely grilled salmon salad. We got back to Winterslow just in time to walk to St. John's for the Annual Parochial Church Meeting and new PCC meeting. Mary came along as well. The meeting went on rather longer than any of us anticipated with issues being raised surrounding the inter-relationship between Team and Parish. At the meeting I was once more elected to the Deanery Synod and Standing Committee but with the understanding that if I get through the Selection Conference in June and start training for ministry in September I may very well have to relinquish these positions. Richard and I ended the day in the Lion's Head chewing the cud over these meetings.

No comments:

Post a Comment