Saturday, April 23, 2011

Great Win for Saints - Easter Vigil at Pitton

Woke up with a terrible sore throat - I seem to have gone down with the same illness as Cynthia and Debbie and really didn't feel like doing much today. The weather continues to be hot and sunny. Sara was becoming increasingly frustrated with her laptop as it is so slow and she still has quite a lot to do to complete the Parish Magazine. This afternoon I briefly went into Salisbury to get Sara a pink silk rose which is to appear in each of the photographs comprising the Calendar. I also went to PC World ands bought a new laptop for her which will be a combined birthday and Christmas present. I will need to find the time to set it up and load all the software on it. Still felt poorly this evening but my spirits were lifted when I heard on the radio that Saints, although losing 1-0 for most of the match managed a 1-2 win against Brighton at the Withdean Stadium. This was Brighton's first defeat at home all season and it ensured that Southampton returned to the second (automatic promotion) place in the table. Tonight we all went to Pitton Church of the Easter Vigil and Resurrection celebration taking with us one of the Titanic bells to sound at the point of resurrection. A wonderful cacophony of sound. I gave the the reading tonight - Ezekiel 37 (Valley of the Dry Bones) and my voice just managed to hold out. Debbie gave the sermon but was quite clearly suffering herself. The list of people discerned for LWL (Lay Worship Leaders) training was circulated to those so discerned today with my name on it. There will be a total of ten of us training from the Clarendon Team but our identities are a secret for the moment. I only mention my name here because I am also being discerned for full Licensed Ministry training at the moment and so my inclusion is to be expected. Tom spent tonight in All Saints Church, Winterslow on a Vigil Sleepover. We will see him again tomorrow morning at the Easter Service. I am due to give the Intercessions tomorrow but will probably hand them over to Sara to do as my voice doesn't feel like it will last out. Gill asked Sara and I to join her for morning coffee tomorrow to discuss the LLM training.

No comments:

Post a Comment