Saturday, April 02, 2011

Great Saints comeback

A day at home this morning followed by a trip into Southampton for Tom and me to attend the Saints v. MK Dons game - an important game if Saints are to make a bid for the automatic promotion spot. We parked at Trethowans and walked the mile or so along St. Mary's Road and St. Mary's Street to our fish and chip shop where I had fishcake and chips and Tom had a portion of chips. The match this afternoon was quite a roller-coaster affair. At half-time, Saints were 0-1 down and MK Dons' lead was doubled early into the second half. With Brighton and Huddersfield both winning elsewhere, it didn't look too good for the Hampshire side. Nigel Adkins made a substitution and brought on Jonathan Forte who, with just two touches of the ball fired in a shot to goal which found its target. One minute later, with his third touch of the ball, Saints were on equal terms. A third goal from Lee Barnard ten minutes later secured the all-important win for the Saints. A tremendous match and what a comeback by the Saints. We all were thinking that Southampton would be very lucky indeed to come away with one point but some brilliant play after the substitution brought a much needed victory. Tonight we had a light supper of rump steak and roasted vegetables (I supplemented my plate with some prawns to make a "turf and surf" meal) which I cooked. A great day out. Sara is now back focused on her weight watching which I really hope she will see through. I am now very close to reaching target and ending my weight loss regime. It remains to be seen how well I can maintain my weight after that.

No comments:

Post a Comment