Saturday, June 30, 2012

Andrew's Ordination Day

A really lovely day today with some interesting things happening to make me feel what a truly wonderful life I have - full of interest and variety.  An early start saw me drive James up to Salisbury City Football Club for a Men's Breakfast event hosted by Salisbury CityChurch, St. Francis and St. Paul's with Dave Hopwood as the guest speaker.  Dave is well know for his "Blokes Bible" and horrible bible stories.  A good entertaining speaker and a really excellent breakfast. I had stewarded an event he had hosted at Spring Harvest and we chatted afterwards. I then attended Andrew's ordination service in Salisbury Cathedral - a moving ceremony and it was really good to see Andrew finally priested.  We now have five priests in the Clarendon Team all able to take Eucharists which will lessen the load of the existing priests.  This afternoon I visited the Ageas Bowl for Hampshire's T20 cricket game against Surrey.  What an exciting game too.  Surrey won the toss and decided to bat first (bad move for them).  After only two overs Surrey had slumped to 7 runs for 4 wickets.  They rallied a little but ended the twenty overs with a score of 94 for 7.  Hampshire's reply was 95 for 3 with five overs to spare.  After a poor start to the season, Hampshire have now won four out of their last four games and look likely to win a quarter-final place.  I arrived back in Farley in time to join Sara and family for a glass of wine and nibbles after Andrew's first Eucharist at Farley Parish Church.  This evening I set about writing my sermon for tomorrow evening's service at Whiteparish. I think this is the latest I have ever left it to write a sermon (a copy of it can be found at http://pulpitmichael.blogspot.com). Wonder what it will look like in the morning! Feeling really tired tonight.  As I said earlier, a really fulfilling day - full of interest and variety.

No comments:

Post a Comment