Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Schools' Athletics Day

After a trip into Salisbury to bank a cheque from a client, I attended a Staff Team meeting at Alderbury Rectory until 1 p.m.  This afternoon I attended the Salisbury Area School's Athletics event at South Wilts School.  Mary had qualified for the long jump, 80 metres sprint and was a member of the shuttle relay team.  Unfortunately she didn't get through to the final of any of these events but as far as Winterslow School is concerned, she is the fastest girl in the school.  well done.  This afternoon she was completing against girls from some of the expensive fee-paying private schools were they engage in private coaching and take the whole affair far more seriously than some of the state schools.  Mary was upset that she didn't so better but I know she will have tried her best which is what really counts.  I went straight from the athletics event to Devizes to attend my weekly tutorial for my third term's module.  A good evening but feeling quite tired tonight especially as I am still working after midnight dealing with some Complex work from earlier today.

No comments:

Post a Comment