Monday, June 25, 2012

Sara's first intercessions

A "bitty" day today.  I found it really hard to get up out of bed this morning having had several deep dreams - none of which I can remember now.  This morning was spent in the study working with little respite.  Preparations for the tribunal in a couple of weeks time is now stepping up and is likely to take up most of my time over the next couple of weeks which means my academic studying is likely to  be on back burner a bit.  I will have to try and write four essays and complete three portfolios before 12th September to be back on track for the second year of study.  some midnight oil is likely to get burned.  This afternoon Sara and I visited the local head teacher to discuss an issue which had arisen in Mary's class last Friday.  Hopefully the matter will be resolved but hasten to add that Mary is not in any form of trouble.  Indeed, we learnt that Mary has been successfully selected to take part in three events at the Area Schools' athletics day on Wednesday.  Four years ago Tom managed to bring home gold for the school's relay team and was crowned as an outstanding athlete - pity he didn't carry on with it.  Tonight Sara and I attended the service at Porton to commission the Rural Dean and Assistant Rural Dean.  Sara delivered the Intercessions and showed a real gift for doing so.  I am sure her ministry will go beyond LPA in the fullness of time and certainly see her doing the intercession on a regular basis in Winterslow - especially as I will probably be doing these less and less as my own ministry develops elsewhere in the Team and Deanery.  I finished the day doing a little more work on my tribunal case this evening and writing my blog before going to bed - hopefully before midnight tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment