Thursday, June 28, 2012

Training and more training

Another extremely full day today.  After breakfast I drove to Dennis Marsh Hall, off Devizes Road, Salisbury to attend an all-day training/overview day hosted by Alabare Christian Care and Support as part of my training as a committee volunteer.  This was also designed for new employees and I found the whole course exceedingly interesting and informative.  We were also treated to an exceptionally good buffet lunch.  I now have a much better understanding of the size and culture of the charity I am working for. I was home by 3 p.m. in time for a cup of tea before my meeting with Nils at the Rectory for my monthly training review - so much training going on in my life at the moment! We had a good and honest session and it has been agreed that I will not lead any services during July and August (other than this Sunday's) to allow me to concentrate on my academic assignments; but I have agreed to do the odd preaching at LWL-led services - something I am happy to do.  I do need to keep a full spiritual journal and try to be more diciplined in my prayer life.  I can see that the amount of work I have got on at the moment, whilst helping financially, is not conducive to finding quiet times for prayer and reflection.  My aim, however, is to get back on track with all my portfolios completed before we begin Year 2.  A good house group tonight in which we looked at the same piece of scripture as that I will be preaching on at Sunday's Evensong (Romans 13:1-10).  Not a particularly easy piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment