Sunday, June 10, 2012

A really long day today, as anticipated.  The weather was cold with light drizzle as I walked to St. John's Church for the Early Morning Eucharist taken by Cynthia.  A good number attended this morning - probably because there is a baptism service at All Saints' this morning.  Sara was leading the Junior Church at All Saints' today but I stayed at home and had breakfast before driving over to Farley to lead the Morning Worship service there and also to deliver the sermon on "The Unforgivable Sin?" (see http://pulpitmichael.blogspot.com to read it -"Sermon 9"). There were about 14 in the congregation this morning which made for a nice intimate number and I felt quite comfortable leading and talking to them.  They seemed to be very pleased with the sermon which made them thoughtful and they appreciated me sharing my own thoughts and struggles with them.  I really feel called, today, to my ministry and feel enthusiastic about proceeding with my studies to become licensed as a Lay Minister. I stayed behind for coffee and a chat with the congregation before returning home to pack my things for the drive up to Grimsby to spend a few days with Mum who is currently not feeling too well.  I set off at 2.30 p.m., called in at Andover's Tesco's  to pick up a few provisions and again for a short meal break at Leicester Forest East arriving in Grimsby just before 8 p.m. I had the Test Match Commentary on Radio 2 (LW) to keep me company.  Tonight we watched the Republic of Ireland v. Croatia Euro Football match which Ireland managed to lose 1-3.  They were very poor.  It seemed very warm tonight and I found it difficult to get to sleep.  I started to read "The Heavenly Man" by Brother Yun whom I had seen in Salisbury on Wednesday evening and whose book I had received from Amazon yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment