Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Cleethorpes

The second full day of my trip to Grimsby.  The weather remains dry this morning and so I mowed Mum's front lawn and generally tied up the front garden including trimming the hedge.  John Roe, the Toyota dealer was meant to call at 9.00 a.m to collect Mum's car to take it for an MOT but by 10 a.m. they hadn't turned up.  After a phone call we found out that due to sickness nobody was available to collect the car until 11.30 a.m.  Mum seemed quite anxious and so I told her to ring the garage.  Sometimes her anxiety can be addressed simply by asking a few questions.  I went into Cleethorpes this morning to visit Auntie Mim in Sandringham Road and was delighted to find that my cousin, Ann, was there visiting her Mum.  I gave both a bunch of roses for being so kind and supportive during Mum's stay in hospital. I stayed a couple of hours and had coffee and biscuits.  I returned home for a snack lunch of haslet rolls before going out for a walk to Cleethopres seafront with my camera to try out my new SLR and clear my head.  I had a lovely cappuccino on Cleethorpes Pier at Tides Restaurant.  I also managed to get quite a few good photographs looking across the Humber Estuary.  Mum didn't want to go out at all, either this afternoon or evening so we stayed in and ate a mixed grill for supper; watching the football - Russia v. Poland - what a great game.

No comments:

Post a Comment