Saturday, June 02, 2012

A Pimms' (Jeeves') Day

Woke up quite late this morning - 8.30 a.m. after quite a few strange dreams including one involving me diving off a high diving board into a small pool below - must have been all that climbing up the cathedral tower yesterday.  Mary and I went to the Cash 'n' Carry to stock up with drinks as we are quite low.  A cooler but still sticky day today.Quite a lazy day today although I did do quite a bit of gardening this evening as I cleared away a bit more down the bottom for my Chinese/Oriental Garden.  The traffic in an around Salisbury was heavy today with the radio reporting heavy traffic on the motorways and major trunk roads. This is the beginning of the long Jubilee Celebration Holiday and so many people are en route to the West Country for the break.  Sara made a home-made cola drink from a Jamie Oliver recipe whilst I had a Pimm's type drink called Jeeves'.  I watched an interesting programme tonight showing the private photographic album of one of the SS officers at Auschwitz.  The scary thing is that he and his fellow officers do not look like monster but ordinary men and women.  It's so hard to imagine what possessed them to undertake such evil actions.

No comments:

Post a Comment