Tuesday, June 19, 2012

A day working in Surrey/Well done England!

Up really early today as I had a day's work ahead of me at clients' premises in Surrey.  I left home at 8 a.m. arriving at the offices of my clients at 10 a.m. where I worked until 3.30 p.m. including a working sandwich lunch.  We really got a lot of work done before I returned to Winterslow via the pretty route (A272) because of travel warnings of traffic congestion on the A31, A3 and M3.  After stopping off at Winchester for some shopping at Tesco I finally got home at 6.30 p.m.  Exciting night tonight with England needing to win or draw against the host nation, Ukraine, in the Euro 2012 competition, in order to go through to the Quarter-Finals.  In fact England, after a rather shaky start, managed a 1-0 win thanks to a header from Rooney in the 48th minute and Sweden managed to beat France in the same group meaning that England topped their [D] Group and will play Italy on Sunday.  A really great result for new England manager, Roy Hodgson, and one in the eye for those who doubted his abilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment