Monday, July 02, 2012

Another rainy day - Where is summer?

I can't believe that this is July.  The weather, once more, is atrocious - cold and wet.  Certainly not the weather for long walks or cycling.  I spent much of the morning working in the study on my big legal case; had a light lunch of oxtail soup with Sara - who attempted spicy Mexican soup following her visit to the dentist this morning - and a visit from Sophie this afternoon.  I drove into Andover during mid-afternoon to bank some cheques and do some shopping at Iceland.  This evening we visited Mary's new secondary school where she will be going in September - St. Edmunds.  Very impressed with it.  I think this will be a good character building place and quite different for her as it is an all-girls school.  I was impressed we we visited it before choices were made and I remain positive that it is somewhere where Mary will have an opportunity to develop well.  Wrote up my outstanding blogs this evening also and then a relatively early night - 11 p.m.  A red font night! A fairly mundane day today though not helped by the weather which simply makes you want to stay in and do as little as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment