Monday, July 16, 2012

Prizes!

More heavy rain again today.  After some respite from the rain yesterday (which produced 79 overs of cricket) it was back to the drenching precipitation again.   I had hoped to do some gardening today – the lawns are looking like meadows – but that was simply not possible.  Sara informed me that Morning Star’s prize draw was to take place at Truffles Coffee Shop across the road this morning and I agreed to accompany her to help.  I hadn’t bought any tickets so thought that I had better buy a  strip for £5.  After my experience at the Bowl yesterday, I didn’t expect to do any good but thought that it was all in a very good cause.  We drew the tickets after a short interval of fifteen minutes and I not only won first prize – a month’s membership of a fitness centre in Salisbury – but also a huge hamper of food delights, which is probably why I needed to win the gym membership.  Two other people helping in the coffee shop also won prizes!  I had hoped to win the family ticket for the Tank Museum in Dorset but will have to settle for the swimming tank at the fitness centre.  On my return I spent some time working on trying to finalise the settlement from last week’s court case.  The wording of the settlement is still not agreed.  Later this afternoon, I drove into Andover for banking purposes and to do a little shopping.  Tonight, Sara and I watched The Madness of King George on a video before going to bed reasonably early – around 11.30 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment