Friday, July 13, 2012

A day of mediation

Michael and I had to be up early this morning as we were due in Tribunal again at 9.30 a.m. to take part in a Judicial Mediation with the hope of finally settling our case.  We ate our, by now, customary “continental” breakfast at the Gypsy Moth and took the taxi into West Croydon.  Today we had a Mercedes E-Class with a white middle-aged driver – something unique in this part of the world.  He got lost!  I ended up having to direct him the final few yards to our destination.  We started promptly at 9.30 a.m. and apart from a lunch break at 1 p.m. went right through until 6 p.m. this evening.  For obvious reasons I can’t write the details here but, suffice it to say, after a lot of to-ing and fro-ing we managed a settlement which was quite satisfactory and which, apart from some tidying up of the agreement on Monday, means that we have avoided a 10-day trial in March and will free my diary up, considerably, to concentrate on finishing my portfolios for my ministry training.  I drove back this evening along the A272 to avoid heavy motorway traffic and stopped off briefly to have a look at the church in Midhurst where Sara and I met and prayed together on our first day together on 10th March 1996.  It was a very nostalgic visit.  The church has had its dark wooden screen removed and replaced with a plate glass door and screen which considerably lightens the inside of the church.  I spoke briefly to some members of the choir who were just finishing choir practice.  I eventually arrived back home at around 9 p.m. and Sara greeted me with a supper of surf n’ turf – my  favourite – steak with grilled shrimp.  Ironically, it was just what I had eaten last night at TGI Friday’s!  Feeling quite exhausted tonight and looking forward to a bit of a lie-in tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment