Thursday, July 05, 2012

Bundles!


Felt really unwell this morning - I am definitely suffering from my wet day in Southampton on Tuesday.  I found it really hard to get out of bed and so decided to do some work from my bed using my BlackBerry which enabled me to deal with emails, texts and phone calls. I was being intensely optimistic if I thought that this would work!  After receiving a phone call from our counsel, I felt compelled to ring our clients in Surrey and arrange to go up to see them to organise the tribunal bundles.  I left at 11.30 a.m. and was up with them at 1.00 p.m. - totally unexpected and unscheduled.  However, I am pleased I did and in the course of the next four hours or so I was able to get the bundles together in a reasonable shape for printing.  It also gave me an opportunity of reviewing the paperwork again and familiarising myself with the finer points of the case.  I returned home via the A3 and the Hindhead Tunnel - what a marvellous piece of engineering that is - a mile and a quarter long drilled through the Surrey countryside.  I was back in time to lead House Group although by now I could hardly speak - my voice was going, i was coughing and spluttering and I am fully blocked up with cold with a pounding headache.  We managed to have a good evening all the same with some interesting discussions on the state of the church and spirituality generally in the west.  We ended the evening by watching a couple of episodes of "Rev" to emphasise the point.  I found it hard to sleep tonight and watched some T20 Cricket on the TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment