Thursday, July 19, 2012

Barcelona trip booked - or is it?

At last, a day without rain - although everything is still really wet.  No appointments today, other than try to tie up and the finalise the agreement from my tribunal case last week.  Sara did her usual stint at Morning Star this morning and I drove Tom into Wilton for his work experience with Mandy, the photographer.  After dropping him off, I drove into Salisbury and spent an hour and a half in the gym.  Although I prefer to exercise by cycling and walking in the countryside, this awful weather has made it either impossible or unpleasant and so the gym beckoned.  I am conscious that I have not been doing as much exercise as I should and that, coupled with the appalling weather, has made me feel rather lethargic. After the gym I drove and parked near Milford Hall Hotel and walked into the city centre to bank a couple of cheques and meet Mandy and Tom in Cafe Nero.  They arrived late which left me time to enjoy my latte and read my book - Sons of Thunder by Dave Hopwood.  We sat and drank coffee and chatted and after a quick visit to Iceland (the shop, not the country) I drove Tom home where we had fish fingers (recently bought!) for lunch.  This afternoon I tackled the rear lawn which had become a bit of a meadow and had my second "gym experience" of the day.  Tonight we should have had house group but for a variety of reasons nobody was able to attend so Sara and I spent most of the evening booking a hotel and flights for a holiday in Barcelona in October.  After a few hiccups - especially with trying to get two room for the same nights in the hotel - we finally managed to get cheap flights which co-incided with hotel availability - albeit by cutting our holiday down by a day.  No sooner had we booked it than Sara suddenly remembered that the day we were travelling back co-incided with Mary's cheerleading competition in Eastbourne.  As I write this, the issue has not yet been resolved but it looks as though Sara will have to amend the flights so that she and Mary return back to the UK a day earlier!

No comments:

Post a Comment