Tuesday, July 17, 2012

BTEC Qualification

Weather dull but still brighter this morning.  I hoisted the Union Flag to commemorate the birthday of Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall and it fluttered majestically in the light breeze.  I spent most of today and Linda M’s with Sara and seven others undertaking a BTEC Level 2 course and examination on Customer Service.  I am delighted to report that both Sara and I, as well as all the other candidate, passed handsomely and we  all now have that qualification which is equivalent, I read, to  two GCSEs at A* level – all for the cost of spending six hours on the course and taking the exam.  Although it is an NVQ, nevertheless it is good to have this and add it to our qualifications for our business.  After the course, I took the Morning Star members who took part back to their home and Sara took Mary into Salisbury to have a filling at the dentist’s.  Mary wasn’t at all happy as she had to have an injection and the whole experience was not a pleasant one for her.  It has, I hope, at least reinforced the need for her to look after her teeth and keep them well cleaned.  I cut the bank this evening and as I did so, torrential rain came again.  I carried on and finished the job but was soaked in the process.  I still have to mow the lawn at the back which, like the others, resembles a meadow.  Tomorrow I have another full day – staff meeting at St. John’s followed by a meeting of the Mission Giving Group which I chair.  Once this wretched Tribunal case has been finally settled, I can crack on with writing the four remaining essays for this term and get the portfolios together before 12 September.

No comments:

Post a Comment