Wednesday, September 05, 2012

Back to School!


 
 
It was back to school for three of us in this household today.  For Mary, it was her first day ever at her new Secondary School, St. Edmund's Girls School in Salisbury, for Thom, it was the first day of his last academic year at Test Valley.  How they have grown up. It really doesn't seem all that long ago that I saw them both born!  It makes me realise how old I now am, although I still feel so young!  For me, it was the beginning of my second year as a distance learning student of Oxford Brookes University and I spent it at Sarum College writing my sermon for Sunday and writing the first thousand words of my essay on Mission from last term!  I was at College from 9.30 a.m. until 7 p.m. and the day just seemed to fly past. I did attend Morning Office at All Saints with Nils and Andrew and Nils seemed pleased to see me and thought that this morninigs prayers were a good way to start a day of theological study. Tonight I have been catching up on all the other work and correspondence which piled up whilst I was in college.  Feeling very tired tonight and looking forward to reading the final chapter of my book "In the Garden of the Beasts" before going to sleep.  A day of cricket at the Rose Bowl to look forward to tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment