Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Sermon Preparation

A fairly typical Wednesday morning today - Sara went off to Morning Star to make sandwiches for the homeless and I attended Mid-Week Eucharist at Whaddon.  Following that I called in at Staples and Tesco's to research Kindles with a view to buying one to reduce the number of books I have. Some serious culling is called for.  I arrived back home for a light lunch of crispbread and pate (bought in Tesco's) and after mowing the rear lawn, went off to Firsdown for a meeting with Andrew, the Team Curate, to discuss the Harvest Festival service he and I are conducting at West Dean on Sunday.  He appeared well pleased with my sermon and we discussed how we can work in the hymns.  Our meeting lasted about 45 minutes and I drove into Salisbury to spend the rest of the afternoon at Sarum College working on my essay and preparing for my meeting with my Nils tomorrow.  I have three important meetings in the middle of the day tomorrow - at 11 a.m., 1 p.m. and 2.30 p.m so it will be pretty tight.  I spent this evening sorting out our finances and mail.  I also dusted off my 8-inch reflecting telescope in the hope of having a closer look at Uranus later on. Sara and I watched a documentary on Salman Rushdie and his period of hiding.  When this had finished I found that the sky was very opaque; so the chances of any serious astronomical observation are slim.  I'll leave the telescope out just in case of any breaks in the weather. 

No comments:

Post a Comment