Sunday, September 09, 2012

End of London 2012

Another hot day today and I went to the morning Eucharist service at All Saints, Winterslow with Sara staying behind at home with the kids.  The service was taken by Cynthia who spoke in her sermon of stewardship as the Clarendon Team start its season of sermons leading up to a full stewardship campaign in October.   This afternoon I tied up the front garden and finalised my sermon and paperwork for tonight's Evening Prayer service at Whaddon.  I arrived at the Roman Catholic Chapel early only to find that the service was actually at St. Mary's Hall up the road!  The service was led by Sophie and I gave my sermon on Maximilian Kolbe, the martyr of Auschwitz. Unfortunately there were only seven of us including myself, Sophie, James (who operated the CD player very efficiently) and Mandy from my support group.  So, in actual fact, there were only three congregants from the church itself.  Disappointing when I think of how long I spent on researching and writing it.  Sophie seemed very pleased with the outcome but I got very little reaction so its hard to gauge whether my sermon "hit the spot".  I will wait to hear the feedback from my support group member.  Tonight the London 2012 Paralympics ended with quite a bizarre closing ceremony with Coldplay having quite a prominent part. 

No comments:

Post a Comment