Monday, September 17, 2012

Paperchase

A day at home today - in fact, the furthest I ventured from the house was to post some letters in the post box 50 yards away!  I woke quite early and was up and about by 7.30 a.m.  I realised how much writing I had to do today - catching up on blogs, writing and submitting articles for the Parish Magazine and a lot of Masonic correspondence to deal with.  I felt I was drowning in paper at one point.  I composed an electronic post-it note with 12 important tasks to complete today adding to it as the day went on.  Tonight I still have 5 uncompleted tasks on it!   The only time spent outside the study today was that one quick trip to the post box and an hour out to mow the lawn on the bank.  I just needed to do some physical exercise to get away from the paperchase. Still working at 10 p.m. tonight but at least I am working on things which I want to do!  I had a problem with the Night Sky article for the Parish Magazine as my usual source of material for it was not available which meant I had to undertake my research further afield.  I was supposed to be chairing a meeting in Hove tonight but I really couldn't afford the time (and money) to drive two hours over there, have the meeting for two hours and rive two hour back - a total of six hours would have been lost.  I gave my apologies and offered to be on the end of the phone should they need my input. really tired tonight and looking forward to a good night's rest.  Will try and get into bed before 11 p.m. - maybe with a whisky!  

No comments:

Post a Comment