Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Star Gazing - Finding Uranus

Today seemed to pass really quickly despite having got up quite early this morning.  Sara and I went into the gym this morning and spent an hour exercising whilst watching the Jeremy Kyle Show on the gym's TV screens.  It never ceases to amaze me the number of people who lead such complicated lives - so often of their own making!  Where do they get these people from?  Why on eartr would they want to display their lives on TV for millions to watch?   I must say that although I despise the way this is all made into a freak show, I am always compelled to watch it when I happen to "bump" into it!  After the gym, Sara went off to do some shopping and I spent the rest of the day in Sarum college researching and writing my sermon for Sunday's Harvest Festival service at West Dean.  I also continued with the writing of my second essay for the Mission module but didn't as far with that as I had hoped.  I shall go back into college again tomorrow afternoon.  This evening Sara attended a Team LPA meeting at St. John's office and I chilled out watching a few recorded TV programmes which released some of the Sky box for further recording. I woke at 1.30 a.m. and went outside to a glorious clear starry night and used the time to search for and find the planet Uranus with my binoculars close by the fifth magnitude star, 44 Piscium.  During the course of this week Uranus will close in on the star and the two will appear to merge together at the weekend.  Over the course of the next few night, provided that the skies remain clear, I will observe the two closing in on each other.  

No comments:

Post a Comment