Monday, September 10, 2012

Studying and Reflecting

The weather has turned cooler and wetter today with drizzle turning to heavier rain by lunchtime.  I spent the whole day, again, in Sarum College completing my essay on Mission in God's World. I was pleased to finish it but I am about 500 words over the required number and will need to cull some of it somewhat.  This evening I attended a meeting for parents and Year 7 girls at Mary's school to discuss the programme ahead for the next 6 terms and some of the activities and homework which we can expect.  I remain very impressed by the school which has exceeded its targets for GCSE this year despite some schools having dropped in their expectations.  I spent the latter part of the evening reflecting on my sermon and service last night with the poor attendance.  I really worry about the Church of England and the dwindling numbers of attendees. I am passionate about mission and feel my calling is in this area rather than the servicing of dwindling congregations.  I am trying to get the proper perspective on this and try and reconcile my feelings with my calling.  Nobody ever said that this would be easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment