Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Great Niece Born Today

A day full of church meetings today but an exciting one too.  I woke early this morning (around 6.30 p.m.) and thought I would take advantage of the dry cool weather to cycle my 3-mile circuit to East Winterslow and back.  A really beautiful morning and I stopped at the bench overlooking Porton to soak in the view looking out across Salisbury Plain.  Arriving back, I cooked myself a ham omlette for breakfast.  After seeing the children off to their respective schools, Sara set off for Morning Star to do her stint at making sandwiches/rolls for the homeless banquet run and I attended Mid-Week Eucharist at St. John's followed by a full Team Staff meeting in the Team Office.  Nils, Debbie and I afterwards went to the Lord Nelson for a light lunch and chatted about our experiences in our school days.  It was good to see Nils being in the pub and I'm sure that this was looked upon with favour by the other patrons. This afternoon I attended to some paperwork and later went into Salisbury to do some banking and also pick Mary up from her fencing lesson at school - this is one of the four after-school activities she has chosen to do.  Of course it isn't "cool" for me to be seen picking her up at the school premises so I have to wait from her in the car park of the "One-Stop" general stores next door!  Our great niece, Nevaeh ("heaven" spelt backwards), was born today - over 8lbs in weight.  We hope to go and see her tomorrow afternoon.  Mother and daughter doing well we understand.  She will have a challenging life ahead with four brothers to contend with! Another church meeting tonight - this time the Team Council - back in the Team Office.  Two major items on the agenda - the governance of the Council and the recruitment of an employed Team Administrator.  Sara put together a template for the recruit process  utilising her professional knowledge.  The evening ended with me having a pint of beer with Richard in the Lion's Head - both pubs in one day!  We discussed the format of Pub Theology which we will be starting on 25 September at the Lord Nelson.  Went to bed quite shattered after such a long day and so many meetings.

No comments:

Post a Comment