Thursday, September 13, 2012

More Study

A bit of a frustrating day today.  Having decided to go into Sarum College today I didn't actually get away until nearly 11 a.m. because of a number of telephone calls and matters I had to deal with.  Sara went into Salisbury ahead of me to have a morning coffee with the wife of one of my Masonic brethren.  Having arrived at Sarum College and being lucky enough to secure the very last car parking space, I spent the next five hours or so in the library finalising my last essay and finally submitting it to my tutor - to be told that he was behind himself and that it might take him a while to mark it! I was relieved and frustrated all at the same time.  I researched for my next essay and made a start - about 250 words.  Not a very promising beginning but I was also frustrated by the slow Internet connection which Jayne, the librarian, told me had been a problem the whole day.  I couldn't get half of what I wanted to do finished.  Sara called into the College briefly to pick up my Staples account card for some stationery for Thom. I finally finished at 4.15 p.m. and after visiting the railway station to get tickets for Thom's and my trip to London on Saturday, called in at our niece Natasha's to see her new baby, Nevaeh, our great-niece.  What a lovely baby she is too.  I held her for a good twenty minutes whilst she slept in my arms.  Tonight, I cancelled the House Group after all the participants couldn't make it.  Sara and two of the group were attending a Lay Pastoral Assistants' meeting in the village.  Thom and I watched the first two episodes of the acclaimed new series, "The British" which seems to whizz through British history at an unnecessary speed.  No Viking invasions and 650 years seemed to disappear between the Roman and Norman conquests.  A little too light for my liking. 

No comments:

Post a Comment