Saturday, September 29, 2012

Personality Tests and Dominican Friars!

Up very early this morning and a drive to St. Francis's Church off Castle Road, Salisbury for a Men's Breakfast hosted by St. Francis, St. Paul's and CityChurch.  I met James outside who had our tickets.  We were treated to a good grilled English breakfast and sat on a table with a group of men from Morning Star - we made up our own Winterslow Table. After breakfast we sang a few worship songs followed by a speaker, Steve Brady, the Principal of Moorlands Theological College in Christchurch, Dorset.  Unfortunately both James and I had to leave before he really began his talk (he spent the first five minutes talking about himself and his books) as we both had other appointments - James to take his son to Andover for an event and me to spend the rest of the day at Sarum College with a new tutor starting the first term module of my second year of ministry training for the Oxford Brookes University Degree. My new module is entitled "Living the Christian Life" and we spent the morning talking about what it means to be a human being and analysing human nature - where does it come from.  This led on to a self-analysis of our personality types through the models of Jung and Myers-Briggs and finally a discussion on spirituality and prayer.  My homework before we meet again next month is on the Dominican Order and its spirituality which is closely aligned to my personality type. I guess, at least I have the hairstyle to go with being a Domincan!  I will discuss this with Sara and see if her personality is aligned to the spirituality of the Augustinians.  On my way back home I listened on the radio to the closing stages of the Everton v Southampton match which ended up with a 3-1 loss for Saints.  Had it not been for my college commitments today, I might have gone up to Liverpool.  Glad I didn't!  Maybe next year if we can stay up! Sara made my favourite cake this evening as a belated birthday cake - Victoria Sponge with buttercream - lovely.  After a lovely hot bath I am writing up my blogs over the last couple of days.  We have a Team service tomorrow at Farley and so I shall have a day off and perhaps visit St. Paul's in the morning and just soak up a different style of worship.

1 comment: