Saturday, October 13, 2012

A day of films

The weather is certainly getting colder.  I had intended to cut the front lawn at least today but more torrential rain put a stop to that idea.   This morning I was sorting and putting the laundry away in the bedroom with the television on when Battle of Britain was screened.  This is such a great film that I found myself hooked into watching it!   Sara was out with Mary this morning at cheerleading practice and the day just seemed to fritter away - after yesterday's intense study and preparation I really didn't feel like doing much.  I will get the portfolio done on Sunday which, for me, will be another working day as I am leading and preaching at West Dean in the morning.  I also watched a bit of Titanic this afternoon.  Sara cooked us all a beef curry for supper which was excellent.  This evening Sara and I watched Knowing starring Nicolas Cage.  I had not seen it before and was thoroughly hooked.  so, all in all, I guess today has been a day at the cinema; but it was nice to have a bit of a chill-out day.  Thom did a couple of hours revision and I did deal with some paperwork early this evening.  A blitz tomorrow.  I just wish the weather wasn't so cold and with the price of oil at the moment, I really don't want to have the heating blasting out.

No comments:

Post a Comment