Sunday, October 14, 2012

Portfolio Finished!

A really cold and frosty start to the day with ice all over our cars.  Sara and I went to West Dean Church this morning where I led the service and preached on Zacchaeus again.  There were fifteen in the congregation today but no organist which meant using CDs.  This proved to be an amusing challenge for me as we had to change at least one hymn and another was sung to a tune nobody knew - although the hymn itself was very well known. The congregation took it in good humour and it helped maintain a pleasant and informal service setting.  This afternoon I watched a bit of the Preston North End v. MK Dons game on TV from Deepdale which ended in  a lack lustre 0-0 draw.  PNE were lucky to get anything as MKD should have been given a clear penalty.  My friend Malcolm would have been there but it was disappointing to see how many empty seats were in such a magnificent stadium.  I spent the rest of the afternoon and early evening completing my mission portfolio for Oxford Brookes University - a task I had set myself to complete this weekend and which, despite several distractions yesterday of a celluloid nature (i.e. watching movies on TV) I have actually accomplished!  I spoke to Mum this evening and told her that I planned to get up to Grimsby for the first week in December which I will combine with a trip to Liverpool. Another clear night tonight - so another frosty morning tomorrow.  Mary is having a sleepover and Thom is supposed to be doing revision in his room - he gets easily distracted like me but he does need to realise that it is important to concentrate on his revision in the same way I have had to really concentrate on completing this portfolio. 

No comments:

Post a Comment