Monday, October 01, 2012

Portslade Masonry and The Stanley Arms

Another long and busy day today.  I spent part of the morning dealing with correspondence and company accounts as yesterday saw our year end for the accounts. Matthew the plumber arrived this morning to fix Sara's study radiator which only seems to work when the hot water come son - not the rest of the heating! and to deal with the leak above the kitchen.  we now have a big hole in the ceiling which will need replacing and will necessitate an insurance claim.   I drove into Andover at lunchtime to dispose of a couple of large boxes of paper at the recycling centre and to deal with some banking arising out of the accounts work I did this morning.  Late this afternoon I drove over to Hove to attend a rehearsal of the installation ceremony which takes place next Monday.  We rehearse at Benfield Junior School and were there from 7.30pm until 10.30pm.  There is still an awful lot of learning to do before we can put on a good ceremony - and only one week to go.  I really haven't had the chance to learn my words with all the study and other work I am doing here in Wiltshire.  After the meeting, Peter and I retired to The Stanley Arms where I was introduced to APA beer (American Pale Ale) which is deceptively strong - a very light ale with an SPG of 4.7.   We walked back to Peter's through Portslade and I really enjoyed the chance to have a long walk after a long drive and a three-hour meeting.  Peter and I chatted, as we always do, until past 1 a.m.  I had Neil's old room at the front which has an exceptionally comfortable bed so slept well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment