Thursday, October 18, 2012

Preparations

A busy day today. The Burnbake Trust came and took away our old sofa bed which Sara and I managed to get onto the landing after having got ourselves trapped in the bedroom for a time! After this I had my usual monthly meeting with Nils, my Training Incumbent, this morning at The Rectory.  The emphasis of my training is changing from learning how to take services and preach to the formation of my ministry which requires me to spend more time in self analysis, prayer and reflection.  This will dovetail into my current ministry module at Oxford Brookes of "Living the Christian Life" where we are currently looking at personality type and matching these with established principles of Christian spirituality.  I have quite a bit of homework to do before my day-long tutorial at the new Diocesan Education Centre out in Wilton on Saturday.  This evening I attended a meeting of the Deanery Synod at Sarum College where I assisted in leading the session on mission in the Deanery.  I arrived back home at around 10 p.m. just as the House Group was breaking up.  James stayed behind for a chat and a beer until nearly midnight.  Eventually Sara and I retired to bed at around 1 a.m.   

No comments:

Post a Comment