Thursday, October 25, 2012

Kindness and Kindles!

Another day of what the Radio Solent weather forecaster calls "mizzle" - misty drizzle.  I had used this term myself so I am rather proud to think that it has now been endorsed by a professional meteorologist - albeit a local radio presenter.  Sara and the Calendar girls featured in the local newspaper, Salisbury Journal, today - fantastic coverage and the Award has been displayed above the door in the Central Stores - I am a little worried about its precarious position as a sudden slamming of the door could signal its demise - shattered into thousands of pieces on the floor.  This afternoon I drove over to Romsey to meet up with a couple (former programme sellers and one an employee of FL) to give them our tickets for the Saints v. Spurs game which we will miss on Sunday.  Glad they can make use of them and suggested that they might like to make a donation to charity instead of paying for them.  Sara feeling rather upset today as one person in the village seems to be shunning her.  I believe it is probably envy about Sara's success and kindness as much as anything.  I have told Sara that it really isn't important and says more about the individual than about her (Sara).  Tonight we held a very successful House Group where we took a piece of scripture - 1 Peter 2:4-10 and used the Sharing Scripture exercise I learned at college last Saturday to share individual thoughts about what it said to different people.  We also had some much more structured intercessory prayers and quiet reflective/meditative time.  This contrasted significantly with watching a DVD from Spring Harvest in which Rod Parsons preached on the same piece of scripture in a very charismatic manner.  Sara was out tonight in Andover with one of her Jamie Oliver parties which I gather was quite successful for her.  My knee has been hurting over the last couple of nights and I couldn't sleep.  I read a few more pages from my new toy (my Kindle)  before dropping off.  Whilst I was asleep, San Francisco Giants won the second of their matches in the World Series.  Two more and they will have secured the title.

No comments:

Post a Comment