Wednesday, October 03, 2012

Sarum Installation Night

Sara did her stint at Morning Star this morning and I went to Whaddon to attend the Mid-Week Eucharist at St. Mary's Hall.  I needed to see Jane D to discuss the format of the service I am taking on Sunday morning at Whiteparish and, as they are undertaking a stewardship campaign, I shall take the gospel reading from St. Luke ("the eye of the needle") rather than Mark's reading on divorce.  Much easier for me.  It was a small attendance today but as I had not taken Eucharist for a couple of weeks, it was very welcome.  I drove straight back home to find that Sara had already finished at Morning Star and was back in her study.  I had a telephone conference with a client in the Midlands which lasted about half an hour and then spent the rest of the afternoon preparing the paperwork and myself for tonight's lodge meeting - which is our annual installation meeting.  Although members' attendance was a bit thin on the ground we had a large number of visitors attending including a large Provincial Team - some 35 or more diners in all - and it was good to see the dining hall so well filled.  A really enjoyable and convivial evening with good food and company.  Nobody won the key/box draw which now stands in excess of £650!  I really enjoy my Freemasonry in Wiltshire and over the next year will almost certainly lessen my involvement in Sussex and support Wiltshire more.  When I arrived home I found Sara watching Dallas which has now replaced Desperate Housewives in her soap affections.  I decided, after a coffee, to go up to bed and leave her with JR and the rest of the motly crew!

No comments:

Post a Comment