Saturday, October 20, 2012

Back to School!

A full day today at the brand new Diocesan Education Centre in Wilton.  After breakfast and packing up my lunch box I set off for Wilton to attend the second session of my "Living the Christian Life" tutorial at the new DEC.  What a great building it is and a great improvement on the former building on Devizes Road which has been returned to the Pembroke School.  We worked solidly from 9.45 a.m. until 4.30 p.m. with 45 minutes for lunch and covered an enormous amount of ground.  We looked specifically at personality types and major forms of Christian spirituality, differing forms of prayer, an in depth look at the Lord's Prayer and the history and spirituality of the different major monastic orders.  My brain was quite steaming at the end of it all and I left the DEC with my car radio on with the commentary of Southampton FC's latest shambolic fixture in the Premier League - a 1-4 defeat at West Ham.  So glad that I had a tutorial today and wasn't able to go to see the disaster unfold.  Saints need to shore up their defence somehow.  Tonight, Richard joined me and the rest of the family for the pub quiz at the Lord Nelson which we lost by one single point!  Had we switched the answers to a couple of questions about the logos of car manufacturers, we would have one by one point.  It was a pleasant evening for all that and a rare treat for Sara and I to go out on a Saturday night.  Whilst we both do go out from time to time it isn't often that we can go together.  Thom did well in answering some of the contemporary questions which would have foxed us otherwise.  Richard and i stayed on for another beer and a natter and walked home by torchlight.

No comments:

Post a Comment