Friday, October 05, 2012

Loading the base

An early morning start today, as it was the first Friday in the month which meant a meeting of Ambassadors' Business Breakfast Group.  Today we had a talk about credit card and debit card transactions and how they work from a merchanting point of view.  Following the meeting, I went into Sarum College and spent the day writing my sermon and service for Sunday at Whiteparish and began putting together the portfolio for the Mission in God's World module.  I finished the introduction but still need to complete the Annotated Bibliography and Summative Reflection.  I have the latter sorted out in my mind but the Annotated Bibliography will require a further review of the books themselves.  This evening I decided to chill out and the whole family watched a Abram/Spielberg film - Super 8 - which I didn't find all that inspiring or particularly well put together despite the Spielberg label.  It had elements of Close Encounters and Alien but didn't quite work for me.  Thom and I stayed up until 2 a.m. watching baseball from Turners field  on TV - St. Louis Cardinals v. Atlanta Braves which ended late due to a pitch invasion of bottles (see picture) and cans following an esoteric ruling about an in-field dropped catch - or rather failure to attempt to catch the ball, which would have been an attempt to "load the base".  Apparently, the umpire's objection came later than it should have done but was still ruled to be effective.  Atlanta Braves believed that late ruling lost them the game. Whatever the intricacies of the rules, I ended up going to bed very late!

No comments:

Post a Comment