Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Spiritual Diary?

Mary is now off school by Thom still has another three days to go before half-term starts for him.  Sara did her stint at Morning Star this morning and I drove over to Whaddon to attend the Mid-Week Eucharist service.  Although there as a service at Winterslow I decided to attend the one in Whaddon as I wanted to return a book to Bill M, discuss an issue with Gordon M and, finally, visit Staples our stationery supplier for a few items including a couple of neat storage boxes to replace the cardboard boxes in my study. Sara and I had a light lunch of pitta bread and hummus which I had bought at Lidl's.  I spent some time this afternoon setting up my Kindle and working out how to use it.  I also downloaded a couple of free books to try it out including Samuel Pepys Diary - something we've been recommended to read as part of understanding how to keep a spiritual journal and World War II London Blitz Diary (A Woman's Story) - another journal.  This blog is, itself an example of journal writing but it is also important that I keep a note of my own spiritual growth and am able to express my innermost feelings which are not for publication.  The London woman's blitz diary makes extremely interesting reading and really does say a lot about her personality and character.  As a Extrovert Myers-Briggs Type, such inner expressions are difficult unless discussed with the outside world.  I have proven that I can keep a regular record (journal) but can I express my thoughts in more spiritual terms?

No comments:

Post a Comment