Friday, March 15, 2013

A trip to Bookers'

An early start this morning as it was Ambassadors' Business Breakfast at Grasmere House Hotel.  I hobbled in with my knee still hurting quite badly.  Karen Janes was presenting this morning and did so in an extremely competent and professional manner. I left about 9.30 a.m. and drove over to Alderbury for coffee with Elizabeth and others at the Boundary Coffee Shop. After we had drunk our coffee I then drove Elizabeth and myself to Bookers' Cash and Carry to buy items for the Maundy Thursday agape meal - banqueting roll, plates, cups etc. all of which took back to Alderbury Vicarage.  I called in at the Lord Nelson when I got back to Winterslow ahead of Sara who is working there today and had a glass of lime and soda with Pete.  My knee was really hurting this afternoon and so I tried to rest it as best I could.  The codeine tablets don't seem to help the pain but they do make me feel drowsy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment