Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Easter for Busy People

Will this wintry weather never stop!  We are rapidly approaching April and the weather continues to bitterly cold with snow in the north of England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland. It was announced this morning that ex-saints manager, Nigel Adkins, has been appointed manager of Reading. I am sure he will do well there.  Our loss is their gain.  They might do well at our expense!  I spent the morning working in the study and Sara managed to find a cheaper supplier for our oil - we are starting to get low.  We need just a tiny bit to see us through this cold spell.  We still have quite a few logs and other bits or wood around the place to keep our log fire burning.  In today's news, a family have had to burn all their furniture to keep warm as neither oil nor any other fuel can get through because of the severe weather.  The electricity lines are down in many parts of the country too.  At lunchtime Sara and I went into Salisbury.  I handed in my nomination papers for parish councillor (which were in order) and we attended a church service at St. Thomas's entitled "Easter for Busy People" conducted by the Rev. David Linaker.  We had coffee and biscuits after the service and then went to the bank and opticians before returning home.  It was nice to get back to a warm house.  Mary is not feeling well and has wrapped herself up in a blanket in the living room.  Curried mince for supper tonight and nice quiet evening at home.  Too cold to go out to the Taize service at Pitton.  I will attend the service at St. John's tomorrow.  Tonight we watched another Poirot story on TV and went to bed very early (10 p.m.).  I read another chapter of The Warden before turning out the lights.  I am in quite a bit of pain tonight - the pain radiating from my knee up to my hip and back. I found it hard to get to sleep and I am writing this up in the wee small hours of the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment