Saturday, March 02, 2013

A very disappointing day

A very disappointing day today!  The weather was cold again this morning and it seemed hard to get started.  Sara and Mary went into Salisbury as usual for the Cheerleading practice and Thom and I stayed in.  I worked on my service for Sunday but somehow I had managed not to save the work I had done previously and so had to re-write part of it.  fortunately as it is a Book of common Prayer service, most of it is in the book.  Thom and I drove into Southampton at lunchtime for the Saints v. QPR match with high hopes of snatching 3 points from the bottom of the table club and going up the table by three of four places.  We had a fish and chip lunch (in fact Thom just had chips as he had given himself a huge breakfast this morning) and we arrived at the ground in good time.  Saints started well enough but conceded a goal against the run of play.  They did manage to pull a goal back just before half-time and the teams went in 1-1.  In the second half Southampton just could not get going and conceded a second and winning goal for QPR.  The three points for the London club now gives them hope of surviving whilst Saints dropping 3 points means that our team is back in the relegation fight.  Feeling quite down this evening.  I worked on my sermon (about 800 words of it) when we got back home but as I went to bed tonight I really wasn't happy with it and may have to re-write it.  Went to bed early as I didn't particularly want to watch Match of the Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment