Saturday, March 23, 2013

Quartet

Up early again and off to Alderbury again to join the Staff Team for a further meeting to discuss the arrangements for Holy Week. Jeremy was in attendance this morning and we went through each of the Holy Week services with him to ensure that all issues had been covered. I was tasked with buying 120 rashers of bacon and 100 bread rolls for the Dawn Liturgy service from the Cash and Carry and also purchasing 50 palm crosses for the Winterslow Early morning Eucharist service on Palm Sunday tomorrow!).  I shall be attending that service but not the main Palm Sunday services as Thom and I are off to Wembley to see Grimsby Town take on Wrexham in the FA Trophy Final.  After the meeting I drove into Salisbury where I undertook quite a few errands including buying the 50 palm crosses at a cost of £9 from Sarum College.  Sara was at home today hosting the second of her Phoenix Card coffee and tea sessions.  When I returned home I had tea and cake (again!) and Richard and Linda came over in the afternoon. Richard is on Street Pastoring duties tonight before driving down to Cornwall for a couple of days.  Tonight I returned to Alderbury (I seem to be spending a great deal of time there either in meetings or leading services) with Sara to see the film "Quartet" which stars Maggie Smith, Tom Courtenay, Billy Connolly and Pauline Collins amongst others, at the Alderbury Film Club.  A great night out - only £5 each - and an opportunity to see a film which we both missed at the main cinema.  Very amusing in parts but also a really good story with great music. A must for music lovers and lovers of great mature actors.  Tom Courtenay was very impressive - one of my all time favourites - even if he does come from Hull!


No comments:

Post a Comment