Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Caked Out!

Sara was up early this morning making cakes - including a lemon drizzle cake which drizzled away - too much lemon I think.  Still, it was eventually eaten by Mary and Thom so avoided the usual fate of being turned into a sponge pudding with custard.  We had a full house of people this morning for Sara's fund-raising Phoenix Card morning for Mary's Cheerleading Group.  Si and Ilana came over and although I fully intended to spend a whole day at Sarum College, found myself spending the morning with Si chatting about Masonic business.  He has been notified of his appointment in October to Provincial Steward - well deserved and not surprising becasue of all his work in the Province trying to get new recruits.  I eventually left for Salisbury, full of cake and coffee, and spent the afternoon at College which was frustrating as the wi-fi kept dropping out and I didn't get anything like the amount of work completed as planned.   Mary had tea with her friend Lucy at her home just off the Devizes Road and after I had bought my rail tickets for my trip to London on Thursday, I drove over to pick her up and bring her back home. My knee is hurting again tonight and this miserable weather is really not helping my spirits. Not helped by the thought of a blood test tomorrow either.

No comments:

Post a Comment