Monday, March 18, 2013

A trip to Sussex

Bitterly cold again this morning. My knee is really hurting today.  As I was attending the  Sussex Annual Provincial Grand Chapter meeting this morning I dress in shirt and tie ready for the afternoon.  I had an appointment to meet a prospective lay ministry student from our curate's previous church who is due to attend the Selection/Discernment Conference at the end of May and who wanted some guidance on how to prepare for it.  I met her at Costa Coffee in Amesbury where we spent a couple of hours talking it all through over a large cup of coffee each.  I am sure she will get through with little difficulty as she has been doing quite a lot in her church over the past several years.  We said our goodbyes and I drove over to Worthing via the A303/A34/M27 meeting some flurries of snow on the way - nothing serious. Arriving at Worthing, I spoke briefly to Mum from the car phone before attending the meeting. I met up with a number of colleagues and friends at the meeting and watched as Roger Martin and others were appointed and invested with Provincial Rank.  There was also a short presentation from the Sussex Masonic Trout Fishing Society - a charity for disabled children. I left immediately after the ceremony (not staying for the dinner) and drove back to Salisbury to attend my evening tutorial at Sarum College - the last one in the Church History Module when we finished with more discussion on salvation and Vatican II.  Back home for 10 p.m. - just over 12 hours since leaving home this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment