Sunday, March 03, 2013

Evensong at Whiteparish - robed

I really found it hard to get up this morning.  I didn't sleep all that well and so dozed this morning.  Sara was up early to take Thom on his paper round.  Yesterday Sara picked up his spectacles which he needs to wear for reading and computer work.  They really makes him look quite intellectual and I think suit him.  He will wear them less than no wearing them and so his good looks aren't spoilt either.  As Sara and I are both short-sighted I always though that he would need them but ironically they are not required for that but rather for a touch of long-sightedness.  Sara went to All Saints Church this morning and I stayed at home with the children.  Mary spent the morning in bed and Thom working in his bedroom. I looked at my sermon again and decided to rip it up (metaphorically) and start again.  Much happier with the second version.  Whilst Sara was out I also attempted to repair the lock on the door between Sara's study and the garage with the result that the lock has now completely jammed and we can no longer open the door at all!  The house is secure but we can't get in and out either.  I think we'll need a lock smith or we will have to damage the door.  Tonight I took Richard with me to Whiteparish where I took Evensong - wearing my robes for the first time.  It felt strange as I put them on in the vestry and walked down to the back of the church in my cassock before the beginning of the service.  However, after I had also put on my surplice and started the service it seemed quite natural and also nice and warm too.  A couple of the congregation expressed approval that I was wearing robes - which goes with the tradition of Evensong.  After the service, Richard and I spent a couple of hours in the Lion's Head chewing the cud.  Went to bed at 11 pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment