Friday, October 09, 2009

Another Farewell Dinner

No further mention of dolphins this morning! Working in Salisbury again today. A new case arrived today which is likely to be quite time-consuming and tricky and may require me to go down to Exeter next Friday. I had lunch with Phillip today when we discussed this new case. The weather today was appalling again and I had to run the gauntlet of the rain to get to the bank. After work I joined some of the HR people to say a formal farewell to Sheila and Nikki (although Nikki has a reprieve until the end of the year) in the George and Dragon. Sara and the kids arrived about fifteen minutes later and I took Tom to his football training at Salisbury High School in Bemerton Heath. I had a chat with Gary and discussed the subs situation and finances of the Clarendon Club. I left Tom there and drove back into Salisbury to buy railway tickets for Adam (to go to Plymouth) and me (to go to London) on Tuesday. I went back up to Bemerton and picked up Tom and brought him back to the George and Dragon. When we got back we discovered that, yet again, he had left his fleece behind. This is getting to be a real annoyance as I've lost count of the number of times we've had to go back and find lost items of Tom's clothing. Sara went all the way back and his fleece had gone. We can only hope that one of the trainers has picked it up. I, and a group of us, went on to Prezzo, the restaurant in the High Street which had formerly been Beaches, the antiquarian bookshop. for an excellent Italian meal. I had crab cakes and prawn spaghetti which tasted very good. It was a pleasant evening but signalled the farewell of two more colleagues. Another one of these to attend next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment