Saturday, October 10, 2009

New laptop up and running!

I was abruptly awoken this morning at 6.30 a.m. by Sara's brother, Adam, phoning from Bangkok to ask what present Tom would like bringing from Thailand. Having only gone to bed at 1.30 a.m. and hoping for a bit of a lie in this morning, I was not too impressed! I asked him to call back in a couple of hours time - which he did - but my sleep was broken. Sara, Mart and Tom went into town this morning - Mary for her ballet and Tom to buy shoes - and I had a fairly lazy morning - a bath, watched a bit of TV, had a cup of coffee and answered several telephone calls - all for Sara! At around midday I went into town myself to pick up my new laptop from PC World - I am using it now. Sara arrived back with the kids about five minutes before I returned and we had soup and rolls for lunch. This afternoon I did a bit of gardening - trimmed the hedge and some bushes and mowed the three lawns. I also washed my car. After a cup of tea I set about installing programmes on the new laptop and transferring documents from memory sticks onto the hard drive. This whole process took about five hours but it did mean I had a perfect excuse not to watch the X-Factory or whatever it is called! Towards the end of the evening Sara and i watched an interesting National Geographic Channel documentary on freemasonry which concluded that it was, indeed, just a very altruistic organisation of men and not the great conspiracy factory which sensational writers would wish the public to believe. Sara is very tired tonight, as am I, so I will call it a day now. Tomorrow we have a Praise Service at All Saints and Tom is playing in a cup tie against Sarum Youth at Barry's Field.

No comments:

Post a Comment