Sunday, October 11, 2009

Eye of a Needle

Up at 7.30 a.m. today. I went to church on my own this morning at Sara was not feeling up to going and both Mary and Tom were tired. It was a good Praise Service with the theme being the idea of letting go. I gave the First Reading from Hebrews and Klynn the Second Reading from the gospel about the camel and the eye of the needle. A good story for today. I went up to Barry's Field via Weston Lane where I noticed many people standing outside the Baptist Church looking in bewilderment and an ambulance quickly followed me and drove in front of the church. This flurry of activity was quickly followed by an air ambulance. It was only later in the day that I discovered that Tim Elliott, a stalwart of the church and village, a kind and gentle man, had collapsed and died whilst leading the service. Such a tragedy. Tom's team lost 6-8 in the Wiltshire Cup against Sarum Youth. A hard fought game which was very exciting at times. I worked hard during the afternoon to get as many documents and pieces of software on to the new laptop. I had a particular struggle getting the Internet favourites on but succeeded. Unfortunately, with advice from Kynn, I opened up a new administrator's account which resulted in me losing all the documents and pictures but not, fortunately, the software. I was able to put most of the documents back on the computer but will need to spend quite a bit of time putting the Internet favourites in again. Klynn and I walked his dog, Otis, around Bentley Wood - about two miles and tonight we joined Jeremy and Chris in the pub quiz. We won again although only by a tie-breaker - a biblical question. Divine right of winning? We were fortunate in having a round on the Battle of Trafalgar which Chris and I were able to answer easily. We finished having a curry at Klynn's.

1 comment:

  1. All your files are transferable from one account to another. just put them in a shared folder and as an administrator you have access to all files on the computer...no matter where they are

    ReplyDelete