Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Another Farewell/Deanery Synod

Another early start this morning. I drove into the office early as I had an appointment with the dentist at 8.40 a.m. The weather was bright and sunny again today as I walked from our offices to the dentists in St. Anne's Street - aptly named as my dentist is also Anne! Fortunately I had no problems with my teeth and the check-up went quickly - I spent longer chatting to her about her geographical exploits than in having my teeth expected. I also made an appointment with the dental hygienist - the most painful way of parting with money I know! It will be well into November before I can see her though! Back at the office I had meetings all morning and worked through my lunch hour with just a baguette to eat. This evening I joined some of the HR girls for yet another farewell supper - this time for Deborah from our Manchester office. We ate at The Lemon Tree in Crane Street, close to the Masonic Hall, and I had a lovely brie and pear on toast followed by "tipsy chicken" which, as its name suggests, was breast of chicken with white wine and cream sauce. I left before the deserts as I had to attend a Deanery Synod meeting at Sarum College. The meeting opened in prayers from Elizabeth and I stayed for the first half - the business of the Synod and the reports from General and Diocesan Synod. Two presentations were being given in the second half copies of which I will receive in due course, so I slipped out in order to get home at a reasonable time to spend what was left of the evening with Sara and Adam. We chatted over cheese and biscuits (my belated third course) before Adam went to be at the early time of 10.30 p.m. - he has his examination to sit tomorrow afternoon in Southampton. I have another day in Salisbury to look forward to tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment