Friday, October 16, 2009

Down in Devon

I awoke at 7 a.m. this morning and realised that I was due to be in a meeting in Exeter at 10 a.m. After a hasty shower, tea and toast breakfast and a quick gathering of my papers, I was off to Devon. The Porton Down road is currently closed for improvements so I had to drive up to the Wallops and join the A303 at Cholderton. The weather was misty and drizzling. I had a good journey down to Devon and arrived at my appointment with our solicitors in Southernhay Gardens, Exeter at 10.10 a.m. This meeting was very successful and was followed by another meeting with firm at 12.15 p.m. Following that meeting I drove to our offices at Clyst St. Mary and stayed in the office until about 3.30 p.m. and then drove back to Winterslow. Sara had taken Adam up to Heathrow to catch his flight back to Thailand (with Mary). Tom and I went across to the Village Hall to take part in the Top Team Quiz and joined Elizabeth, Cynthia and Richard as the "Holy Huddle" team. We started off well but trailed off in the end. Sara joined us later and won the Head and Tails Game and Mary was given some chocolate eclairs for helping as a "runner" later on. It was a great evening and we had quite a few laughs. Richard and I retired to the pub after we'd help put all the chairs away. Sara seems extremely tired again tonight but we watched a couple of episodes of Monty Python's Flying Circus before she finally took herself off to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment